Utility Watchdog in San Diego

  1. Have notice of the contract change/increase on hand
  2. Call carrier
  3. Ask if the change/increase applies to you
  4. Read the "Material Adverse" section of your contract to the CSR
  5. State that the change/notice has a material adverse affect on you and that you want to cancel your contract without being charged a termination fee
  6. Escalate to a supervisor when the CSR tells you that you can't cancel without paying an early termination fee
  7. Be persistent and don't back off your position that the change/increase has a materially adverse affect on you and that the carrier's own contract entitles you to cancel without penalty