Water is a basic necessity of life. In California water and sewage services are generally provided by municipal water districts. In San Diego County, water services are provided by 24 different municipal water authorities, the largest of which being the San Diego Public Utilities Department. A map of water agencies can be found here.
UCAN advocates on behalf of utility rate payers and works to educate ratepayers and ensure the equitable, safe, reliable, cost-effective distribution of services. Some of the things we are currently working on are
- Helping Ratepayers with With Bill Complaints and Questions
- Working to establish a voluntary Low Income Ratepayer Assistance [LIRA] Program
- CPUC Examines Water and Energy Conservation Issues
- UCAN's Water Meter Project
- Understanding Your Water Bill
- What is a Sewage Service Charge?
If you have questions about your water bill, charges, or what UCAN is doing to help you please give us a call at (619) 696-6966. We are here to help!